Monday, November 24, 2008

Victory In Iraq Day


I'd like to give a shout out to the patriots at www.zombietime.com for proclaiming November 22, 2008 as Victory in Iraq day. I supported the war as it was proposed to us by the Bush Administration. I was amazed at the speed with which our brave troops broke into and past the Iraqi army and took the country by storm, so to speak.

I think Bremer and Rumsfeld, et.al.  committed criminal indifference, if not worse, for the way in which the post military victory was handled, during which time we almost lost the war. The "Surge" was the only option left, and I'm certain that arming the Sunnis to the teeth and their revulsion to the tactics of al-Queda, along with the muzzling of Moktada al-Sadr, probably by al-Sistani, was a large part of the success of the Surge.

Regardless, we won the war; let's win the peace and get out of Dodge.  It's time for the Iraqis to stand up and let us get home.  Well done, ladies and gents, come home.

FYI, my law office alone shipped 200+ boxes of magazines, candy, cigarettes, etc. to our troops there and my heart goes out to their families. We owe them a debt of gratitude for deploying as the deadliest, most compassionate fighting force on earth, save perhaps for the IDF. 

Way to go, huzzah!, now let President Obama get with the generals and find out how to get you home!!!


No comments: